2017 Fire Extinguisher Training at Yanis Gallery
Yanis Gallery as one of the handicraft company in Indonesia always strives to improve the security standard for every employee. As a handicraft company, many raw materials are very flammable, such as teak wood, mahogany wood, bamboo, water hyacinth, banana peel to resin. Of course the fire potential is high enough for our company. For that we regularly conduct fire fighting training to protect employees and goods company.
Saturday, July 15, 2017, Yanis Gallery carries out fire fighting exercises. This exercise is followed by every employee of various divisions. Ranging from marketing, metal division, wood division, resin division to safety. Mr. Wahyudi, our training instructor explains the theory of fire, fire fighting techniques and the use of fire extinguishers.
Mr. Wahyudi explained there are 4 types of fires:
- Class A Fire : Solid Object (Cloth, Wood, Paper)
- Class B Fire : Liquid (Oil, Gasoline, Solar)
- Class C Fire : Gas Object (LPG, solvent)
- Class D Fire : Metal (magnesium, gun powder)
- Class E Fire : Electrical (Dinamo, Electric Motors)
Mr. Wahyudi also explained how to use a good fire extinguisher. How to use a fire extinguisher is good and right,
- We take the fire extinguisher in place
- Unplug the safety pin located above the extinguishing valve
- Grasp the fire extinguisher hose at the end of the fire hose
- Press the fire extinguisher lever until full
- Try to stand at a distance of 3 meters and slowly move forward until the fire begins to extinguish
- Direct the fire extinguishers on which it has been pressed full to the point of fire.
- After that the most important enough we see the direction of the wind, the flame pointing or blowing in which direction. (We Must Stand One Direction With The Wind Direction)
At the end of the blackout training for Yanis Gallery handicraft company was practiced putting out the fire. Our employees extinguish the fire with fire extinguishers we provide. We hope that with this training, every employee is ready to face fire condition and can minimize the happening of bigger damage.